Wake up and smell the roses… or should I say tulips! There’s nothing that screams spring more than a field filled with endless rows of stunning vibrant tulips. The smell alone is enough to satisfy all those summer cravings we’ve all (or at least I’ve) been yearning for all winter long. The Bloom Tulip Festival is a MUST every year for me, this year I couldn’t wait to bring Pierce and carry on my spring tradition with him…. hello cutest family photos every! I didn’t think the festival could get any more perfect until I saw Pierce’s face; he absolutely loved it! He was mesmerized by all the beautiful colours, his curiosity is so endearing and watching him take in new surroundings makes my heart so happy that I think it might just jump right out of my chest!
The Bloom Tulip Festival is also the perfect time to take your favorite spring items out of your closet. Toss on that cute dress you’ve been dying to wear and go soak up some much deserved sunshine! I wore the cutest flowy white Wilfred dress from Turnabout Luxury Retail, it’s the perfect spring dress. The thin straps with the delicate detailing on the top of the dress makes for a super cute and dainty feel! This dress had me twirling around through the rows of flowers, I’m not sure who enjoyed it more – me or Pierce! Speaking of Pierce– HOW CUTE did he look in his little onesie from the Baby Gap!! The blue and red really popped with all of the colors in the fields and oh boy did his baby blue eyes ever shine in this outfit!
Bloom Tulip Festival has gained international attention with it’s vivid displays of floral beauty! If you haven’t already, you’ve got to go take a stroll through the 10 acres and 2.5 million tulips that paint the fields into the most picture-perfect scene you’ve ever seen!
A few tips to keep in mind when heading to the Tulip Festival with a baby:
- For fewer crowds and a better price value I recommend going during the week; shhhh, don’t share my secret with everyone! If you avoid the weekend trip, you’ll be thanking me later when you have crowd free photos!
- If you’re worried about the lighting because you work during the day, NO PROBLEM when the sun starts to set and golden hour hits it looks like you’re on the set of a movie… no scratch that a fairytale! And if you are an early bird the sun light at sunrise is MAGIC. We were crazy enough to shoot during sunrise and were BLOWN away by how dreamy it was. Paige our photographer was INCREDIBLE at getting Pierce’s attention and making him smile and laugh.
- Bring a blanket so you can put your baby or toddler down and you can actually take a minute to smell the roses, I mean tulips 😉
- Next year make sure to book a flower crown package, which is sure to be a hit with the littles.
- And last but not least, make sure to bring lots of layers. Once the sun goes behind the mountains it tends to get quite cool very quickly and you don’t want little babe getting uncomfortable.
Did I mention you can take tulips home with you? 10 tulips for $5 or 50 Tulips for $20. I’m sure you can guess but I for sure brought home handfuls of flowers! It’s impossible not to swoon over the magical setting these flowers create; whether it’s for a day date or a family outing you will not be disappointed!
Have a great long weekend everyone!! We are heading to Vancouver Island to catch up with some friends and spend some much needed relaxing family time together. What are you guys doing this long weekend? And would love to hear from you if you ventured to the Tulip Festival this season in the comments below!
Photography Paige Fraser Community Photography