I’m really excited to share with you guys that I’m working with the BC Children’s Hospital as their Jeans Day Ambassador. I was on Global BC’s morning show this morning with denim inspiration for you to incorporate into your work wear. Jeans Day is a fundraiser for the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. Since it started in 1990, it has raised more than 20 million dollars for the organization, wow! In the last year alone, the BC Children’s Hospital has treated more than 84,000 children. The funds raised for this organization support the healthcare needs of the young patients at the BC Children’s Hospital. Jeans Day is happening this Thursday (on May 4th) and I think it’s incredibly important that we all unite to show our collective support.
In order to accelerate fundraising before the BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekend, there has been a united effort to #MakeMayMatter. Jeans Day is kicking off this fundraising push for the month of May! <3 This year, the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is hoping to raise 1 million dollars for the most urgent needs at the hospital. Keep reading to find out how YOU and your family can incorporate the Canadian Tuxedo into your wardrobe this Jeans Day.
- WEAR WHITE: white is a hot spring & summer trend that can last well past Labour Day. 😉 To make your denim stand out, pair it with a casual coloured tee!
- THE NEW “MOM JEAN’: The “Mom Jean” features a higher rise and a looser fit that is trendy for any age. This jean will take you from the grocery store to happy hour!
- DOUBLE DENIM FOR WORK AND PLAY: Say hello to the CANADIAN TUXEDO. Rock two complementary tones of denim for a look that is truly Canadian. <3 Double the jean = double the fun! Even our Prime Minister is doing the double denim down.
- THE BOYFRIEND JEAN: Stealing from your guy’s closet has never been so fun…. sorry Gary! Check out my article HERE where I describe all the ways I wear boyfriend jeans.
- JEAN ON JEAN: Men can also rock this Canadian trend! Dudes, simply pair your light wash or black jeans with your favourite denim jacket!
- “THE TURN UP’: If you guys cuff your pants, you’re able to reveal a flash of your funky socks. 😉 The final result? A look that everyone will be talking about!
- PLAID UNDER DENIM: This look is casual with a country-esque feel. Pairing a flannel underneath your jean jacket gives a cozy feel that everyone will love! Also, how cute would this look be on kids?!
I hope that you’re all able to participate on Jeans Day. There is an annual Jeans Day Barbeque being held this Thursday (on May 4th) at the Vancouver Art Gallery on Hornby Street in Vancouver, from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. This barbeque will feature professional athletes and team mascots – it’s the perfect way to get the entire fam involved! For more information on this special cause, visit www.jeansday.ca.
I’m so grateful to live in a country that is so committed to providing our children with the best healthcare possible. How do you guys plan on getting involved this Jeans Day? Leave me a comment below!
Justin Trudeau Image Credit: cbc.ca