Our bodies are made up of 60% WATER. Yep, that’s a lot of h2o! It’s super important to remember to hydrate ourselves by drinking at LEAST 8 cups of water a day. As a Vancouverite, I’m used to seeing TONS of water in my environment; however, fresh water is a valuable resource on our planet that we so often take for granted. I love that companies like Brita are calling attention to our excessive use of water. For more information on how Brita Canada is contributing to positive water use, click HERE.
As someone who drinks a fair amount of coffee, I always make sure to follow my java with a cup of water – it’s all about moderation people! 😉 To remind myself to drink more water, I love having my Brita Space Saver Pitcher visible in my fridge! Water is much more accessible when it’s chilled and sitting beside your snacks!
Each Brita filter replaces up to 300 plastic water bottles from entering a garbage landfill. As someone who has sworn off of plastic bottles, I love filling my reusable Brita water bottle with filtered water. When you feel good about your water source, it tastes better. <3
Here are a few ways I like to make water FUN with Brita Canada!
For a detox boost, I add cucumbers and lemons to my water. The lemons detoxify, while the cucumbers provide anti-inflammatory qualities. For a tasty “strawberry basil water,” I’ll add 5 cut up strawberries and half of a sliced lemon to my Brita Space Saver Pitcher. Another one of my favourite combinations is blackberry and mint! Virgin mojitos anyone?!
- First you want to choose your fruit, that might include: strawberry, orange, apple, watermelon, lemon, kiwi, etc. You can use fresh or frozen.
- Choose your herbs such as mint, parsley, basil or thyme. I recommend only using fresh herbs!
- Toss in some optional add-ons like chia seeds, honey, cinnamon or apple cider vinegar. And remember a little goes a long way! Especially with apple cider vinegar….SOUR.
- Once you’ve prepared your supplies, cut your fruits and veggies into small chunks, add the mixture to your Brita infuser.
- Afterward, allow your mixture to steep in the refrigerator or a cool, dark place for minimum 1 hour. For a more intense flavour, let your mixture steel for up to 4-8 hours. For the best flavour and health benefits, consume your beverage within 24-48 hours.
Drinking fruit infused water from your Brita Space Saver Pitcher is not ONLY better for the environment, it also has endless AMAZING benefits for your health. Drinking this antioxidant rich water improves your athletic ability, it brightens your skin, it speeds up your metabolism, AND it helps you feel full for a longer period of time. Water = a magical elixir! Drinking more water from a pitcher or your Brita water bottle also reduces your environmental footprint. It’s so important that we stop releasing excess plastic into the environment! I love seeing the initiatives that companies like Brita are taking to make a positive change in our world.
What are some items you guys like to add to your water?
Thank you to Brita Canada for sponsoring this post, all comments and opinions are my own.
Photography by Brooklyn D Photography