I have to share one of my favourtie fall recipes with you guys. I first tried this recipe out from our friend Jillian Harris. I’ve made it so much last year, that I tweaked it a bit to make it my own. I have to say I think it’s absolute perfection and the layering is so beautiful each jar makes a beautiful hostess gift. I’m planning on making a double batch this afternoon for Thanksgiving this weekend. It’s my Uncle’s 60th Birthday so we are going to go there on Sunday to celebrate (just our family bubble) and I want to make sure I bring enough for everyone and maybe some to take home haha.
It’s not really fall or Thanksgiving for that matter, without one of these delicious pumpkin cheesecake jars! It’s like fall in a jar!!! Not only are these babies SO delicious and easy to make but they are dairy-free, vegan, you can make them ahead and they store in the fridge up to 3 days. So without further ado here is the recipe:
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars
These Individual Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars are dairy-free, can be easily made ahead and are SO delicious – perfect for fall!
Ingredients (Makes 6 small mason jars)
For the Graham Cracker ‘Crust’:
- 1 1/4 cup vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned or homemade (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
Maple Coconut Whip ‘Cream’:
- 2 cans coconut milk, chilled overnight (I like to use Thai kitchen)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Make the graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in small saucepan and melt the butter over low heat. Place graham cracker crumbs in a small mixing bowl and combine with melted butter, coconut sugar and salt. Spread the crumbs evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Make the filling: Drain and rinse soaked cashews. Place drained cashews, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a blender and blend on high for two minutes or until thick and creamy. Set aside.
- Make the coconut whip cream: Open can of chilled coconut milk and scrape off the top solid layer (save the liquid coconut water for smoothies!). Place solid coconut milk in a mixer and whip coconut milk. Add maple syrup, vanilla and a pinch of salt and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Assemble the cheesecake jars: Layer each jar with graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin filling, and coconut whip cream. Place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg and more graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!!! They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Enjoy you guys!! Let me know if you plan to make some and how they turn out in the comments below!!
Photography by Better Sweet Photography